There are lots of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to select from but, if you are just starting out in sales, or perhaps you own a small business, then prior to invest in CRM software, it is a good idea to first consider trying some of the free CRM software solutions. Some are available as online or web based CRM and the others are free open source software for you to download to your computer. Once you try one or two of them, you will then have a better idea and also understand first hand what you want or don’t want “feature-wise” should you decide to purchase a CRM system down the road. Here is a list of websites to visit that offer free CRM software.
Free CRM software list
This is a very popular free CRM software. Free CRM is a web based software solution for customer relationship management and sales force automation. It is great for contact and lead tracking, sales and contact management, sales pipeline management and forecasting, customer service and business management.
Free CRM offers 5 kinds of edition : Free Edition, PRO with no support, PRO with Basic support, PRO with premium support. VoiceCRM with premium support.
The Free edition is only allowed for 50 users. No support provided for this edition and it does not the following features:
- Sync tools (blackberry sync, Outlook sync, etc)
- Email & SMS Campaigns
- Voice & Voip
The available features of this edition are as follow :
Lead Management & Sales Pipeline, Marketing Campaigns, Customer Support & Service, Import & Export Data, Event & Task Management, Group Calendar, Call Tracking & Automation, Document Management & Shared Folders, Extensive Customization, Product & Sales Dashboard, Knowledgebase and Team Tools, Limited Storage & Security
All you need to do to get the free CRM software edition is just submit your data through their sign up form which you can find in their website. You do not need to download any software.
Click here to compare the Free and Pro feature sets.
2. Sugar CRM community edition
This edition is open source software. This free CRM software is available for Windows, Linux and Apple users. There is no number of users limitation but it has less features compared with commercial edition. In my opinion this is the most comprehensive free CRM software. Following are features of this edition :
- User Experience : Customizable home pages, New user wizard
- Sales Force Automation : Leads, Contacts, Opportunities, Accounts, Activities, Documents
- Marketing Automation : Campaigns, Email marketing, Online lead capture, Web-to-lead forms, Newsletter management, Campaign dashboard
- Customer Support : Case management, Bug tracking, Email management, Sales pipeline dashboard, Lead source dashboard, Monthly pipeline by outcome dashboard, Opportunities by lead source dashboard
- Collaboration : Activity management, Document management, Shared calendar, Employee directory, Sugar feed, AJAX email client, Project management
- Customization : Module builder, Custom fields, Custom objects, Custom modules, Custom record types, Drag-and-drop custom layouts, Configure tabs, Assignment notification, Data import and exports, import de-duplication, Upgrade wizard
- Integration : Custom links, Web-service API, Sugar feeds dashlets, My portal dashlets, Module loader, Limited cloud connecter
- Security : Access control by user role
Click here to download the software.
3. Vtiger free CRM software
Vtiger CRM is a free, full-featured, 100% open source CRM software ideal for small and medium businesses. It is available for both Windows and Linux systems. It offers many features that were developed mainly for the small to medium sized business.
vtiger CRM provides a complete set of CRM capabilities, such as : Sales Force Automation, Customer Support & Service, Marketing Automation, Inventory Management, Activity Management, Security Management, Calendaring, Email Integration.
vtiger CRM also provides, enterprise grade business productivity enhancement add-ons, Customer Portal , Outlook Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook users, Office Plug-in for Microsoft Word users, and Thunderbird Extension for Thunderbird mail users. All these add-ons are part of the 100% open source vtiger CRM project available in SourceForge.net
Click here to know more the capabilities.
4. Zoho free CRM software
Zoho online CRM is available in Free, Professional, and Enterprise edition. You can create user up to 3 user in the free edition. The features are limited obviously. Here is the list of free edition features :
- Sales Force Automation (leads, contacts, accounts, opportunities)
- Marketing automation (Campaigns, 5 email templates, email opt-out)
- Customer support (cases, solutions)
- Common Features (Tasks, log a call and calendar, Product customization, reports & dashboards)
- Web Forms (1 lead, 1 contact, 1 case)
- File storage (100 MB default storage, extra storage $4/month/GB)
- Data administration (100,000 records data storage, 1000 import data per batch, export module data, Export all data : $10/request, API for third party integration)
5. Compiere Community edition
Compiere is an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relations Management (CRM) software solution. You can download & use the community edition for free. but it only provides core ERP and CRM functionality. This free CRM software has no limitation of minimum numbers of users as well as minimum subscription term. The software uses database of Oracle XE and Postgress Plus Advanced Server.
Click here to see the complete edition comparison.
6. Opentaps free CRM software
Opentaps is open source ERP and CRM software. It supports ecommerce, Customer Relationship Management, Warehouse and Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, and Financial Management to Business Intelligence and mobility integration out-of-the-box.
Here is the features list of CRM :
- Automate sales process from lead gathering to conversion
- Manage sales opportunities
- Create sales visibility with forecasts
- Share calendar and tasks with the entire team
- Share and manage documents
- Browser-based email with integration to email server
- Customer services and case management
- Quotes, order entry, and order prioritization
- Manage marketing campaigns, including outbound emails and call management
- Tracking code reporting and management
- Address lookup and correction via USPS
- Integration with Asterisk open source Voice over IP (VOIP) system
Open Source License
opentaps is released under a dual open source/commercial licensing model, similar to that used by MySQL, JBoss, Asterisk, and many other open source projects. It is available as free software under either GNU Affero GPL v3 for opentaps 1.4 and later or the Honest Public License (HPL) for earlier versions. These licenses allow you to use, modify, and re-distribute the source code of the free CRM software, but it also requires that you publish your own modifications, extensions, or customizations.
The opentaps commercial license allows you to take advantage of all the features of opentaps without the obligations of the open source licenses. End users can still access and modify the source code for your own organization. Service providers and independent software vendors can incorporate opentaps into a hosted on-demand offering or commercial product and distribute them to end users under the opentaps commercial license. Commercial licenses are included with the opentaps Professional Edition along with professional support for opentaps.
7. Free CRM software from Really Simple Systems
Free Edition is a free hosted CRM system for two users with everything you need to manage your customers, prospects and sales pipeline.
Free edition features :
- Up to 2 users
- Up to 100 accounts
- Unlimited contacts, activities, tasks, opportunities
- Report writer
- Opportunities and sales forecasting
- Linked accounts
- Free downloadable backup
- Community support
- Email support
Edition comparison : http://www.reallysimplesystems.com/editions.asp
8. SalesPush free CRM software
The SalesPush is online CRM. The free edition provides the following features :
- Number of users : up to 3
- Account management
- Contact management
- Task management
- Opportunity management
- Dashboards and reports
- Data export : $60 per export
- Support : $60 per hour
Click here to know SalesPush edition comparison.
CRM FREE is free web based contact management (CMP or CRM). CRM-FREE was designed for small business. The free edition is for one user only.
Features included in the free edition :
- Contact management (up to 1000)
- Calendars (exclude alerts feature) : Keep all calls, meetings, appointments, events, follow ups, to-do’s and other items organized in lists and calendars.
- Projects (up to 10) : Keep track of things whether you call them projects, tasks, events, sales, parties, inventory, marketing campaigns, new products, classes, trips, office work or anything else you can imagine.
- Up to 2 custom fields
- Allowed to send up to 10 emails through CRM-FREE’s SMTP servers
- SSL security
10. Web based CRM
This free CRM software has been created in ASP for Microsoft’s IIS server and should run on any version of IIS, including the desktop versions. Following are the available features :
- Campaign Management : campaign management, campaign lists, campaign-to-revenue tracking, campaign analytic.
- Lead Management : create branded online lead capture forms, set up lead queues and lead assignment rules, lead tracking, establish standard lead qualification processes.
- Contacts Management : A complete online contact repository, contact association, contact import and sync, contacts connections
- Opportunities Management : opportunity tracking, sales methodologies, product tracking, opportunity analysis, opportunities connection
- Case Management : case management, solution integration, case escalation,case analytics, case connections
More detail : Web based CRM